How to Create an AdSense Account Step-by-Step
If you are going to monetize traffic by displaying ads on your site, Google AdSense is most likely your first thought to work with. But you know that Adsense has some strict requirements that not all publishers can respond to or understand what to do next to finalize the signup process. In this article, I will show you steps from A to Z to make sure you can conveniently sign up for an AdSense account. Yet, before jumping into it, you should know what is exactly asked for a publisher to join their platform.
You may hear from articles and your friend about how strict rules and regulations of AdSense for publishers. So before jumping into this network, you should comply with the general requirements briefed below:
- You need to have a website, and that website needs to meet all of Google’s terms of service.
- You need to be at least 18 years old otherwise you will need to apply using the name of a parent or guardian who gives you permission to do so.
How to get approval?
Although you meet the conditions above, this is not probably enough for you to get approval from AdSense quickly. Besides, they don’t show the specific criteria they need in a site. However, according to the experience of publishers who have successfully created an AdSense account share that:
- Your website should be at least 3 months old.
- You should have at least 30 articles published that are original and valuable to readers.
- There is no minimum traffic requirement for your site, however, if it is too low, your site may be rejected.
How to create an account step by step
You access the link: https://www.google.com/adsense/start.
1. Click on “get started”, it leads you to the next page, here you are asked to enter the URL of your site, which you want to display ads, then enter your email address and choose whether you’d like AdSense to send you customized help and performance suggestions. I think you should choose “Yes” if you are new. And then click on Save And Continue.
2. Next, you simply need to sign in to your email address then select your country and territory, remember to review and accept their Terms and Conditions. Click on “Create Account” to move to the next step.
3. Note, it is important to enter exactly your payment address details, so in this stage, you should recheck your information, then click Submit.
4. On the next page, you will see the instructions showed to connect your site to AdSense. First, you need to copy the code provided on the same page, then paste the code into the HTML of your page, between the <head> and </head> tags. Finally, you tick if you’ve pasted the code to your site and click Done. In the case you’ve pasted the code incorrectly, you will receive a notification “The code is missing or incomplete”. They also give you detailed instruction to paste the code appropriately at Code implementation guide
After finishing the steps above, you’ve created an AdSense account. But this is not all, because the Google team will start to review your site and it may take a few days or weeks for them to decide whether your site qualifies or not to show their ads.
You should access your AdSense account to check your site status. if your AdSense account is approved you can log into your Adsense dashboard then see stats of ads running on your site.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take for AdSense to approve your account?
It can take 12-24 hours for them to review your account, sometimes this takes up to 2 weeks for approval. You should be patient to wait for their notifications, they will also explain if they reject your application.
Why did AdSense reject your application?
You followed these steps and you think your site virtually responded with AdSense ask for, but your application was still rejected. I think there are a few things you need to note:
- Your site contains poor-quality or inappropriate content
- Your site already placed many ads
- You encourage your audiences to click on your ads
- Links are from or lead to harmful or inappropriate sites
- You sell counterfeit goods
- You’ve already been banned before
When will you get your first payment?
To get payment on AdSense, publishers must reach a minimum threshold of $100. Besides, Google follows the term of Net 30 to pay for its publishers. For example, when you start monetizing ads on October 3rd, and your minimum threshold reaches $100, your revenue will be sent out to your account on November 3rd. In case your minimum threshold is lower, you have to wait for the next 30 days.
This process is basically not difficult, but still a little bit complicated for newbies, and sometimes you have to wait so long to get approval. But please don’t be frustrated, just wait more a little bit. They just carefully check your site and look for the potential of your site, before deciding on your application. Moreover, AdSense not only is the biggest platform with the largest pool of active advertisers from Google’s resources on over the world but gives optimal solutions that you can not find from other platforms.